What is Vastu Shastra?
Brief Intro: It’s an ancient Indian devout knowledge that brings peace, harmony, and success in life by eradicating negative energy and attracting positive energies around us and in our home. One thing is obvious that we spend most of our time inside a home, office or under any building. And in India, it is very strongly believed that all things in the universe have a level of divine force associated with them. And for this reason, it is said that all buildings and even the land have vibrations of energy which is somehow interlinked. It is assumed that there are many different energies generated through the atmosphere like cosmic energy, solar energy, lunar energy, thermal energy, wind energy, light energy etc. These energies can be arranged properly to bring in prosperity, achievements, and peace in life and at home. And here Vastu Shastra plays a vital role to make the favorable atmosphere around us and sometimes change bad vibrations into a positive one.
You must have noticed that while searching on Google many People often ask astrologer that what can be done to bring more money, health, assets, and prosperity in a house or in our lives. Below we are going to share with you great tips that would be very beneficial in the long-term scenario. To begin with, we will primarily focus on 4 vital things to enjoy all the peace and happiness in your life and remove any Vastu dosh:
1.) Main Door – Always keep your main door entrance dirt free and door neatly painted and clean. Use a bright light at entrance above the door. Make main door size big and wide (in breadth). Always use name plate on your main door. Make sure that all doors in the house are noise-free (doesn’t produce cracking sound while opening and closing). Entry to the main door must be free of any obstacle such as, from any cable, pole or any vehicle.
2.) North-East Corner – is considered very significant place according to Vastu, because this is a place of deity. And for that reason, this area is used to make a place of worship or puja room inside a house. It must be always clean and clutter free as it’s a main source of prosperity or wealth in the house. You can set aquarium on this place or can even keep decorated water fountain as a showpiece.
3.) South-west Corner – It is believed that to keep all wealth like money, jewellery, property papers, etc in south-west corner of the house brings luck and keep on increasing your current capital. You can set your vault (tijori) or Almirah / lockers/ cupboard at this location of the house, facing north-east. You can even place mirror inside your vault to augment cash and jewellery, as mirror reflect things twice over. Try not to keep any cash (or inside the locker) under a beam, it may cause financial crisis or loss in business.
4.) Meditation: It is believed that meditating at one particular area for a long time create cosmic power in that place and even makes pious and positive. Meditation is also essential to feel good all the time, live a happy life and to eliminate all negative feelings, worries, anxiety and all other factors that make us distressing. The mind, heart, and body can improve with regular meditation. We must try to meditate 10-15 minutes daily on regular basis, every day. If possible do it in morning and also in evening. As said above, Mediation gives immense internal strength and free from stress or physical problem. The north-east direction is the best place for meditation.
Above Vastu directions were major instructions one ought to follow at-least once in a lifetime. However, we have also revealed 25 other strong tips that would help to make a change in life for betterment and to remove any Vastu dosh:
- Vastu Shastra is all about attracting more and more positive energies. You can attract these energies by following simple trick like always washing your feet and hands once you come back home.
- Blow Shankh (cone shell) every morning and always place it in your puja room or any place you worship. It has many health as well as wealth significance in life.
- Value food and never to waste it. Take only that quantity which you can consume. If sometimes, you are unable to eat then don’t throw your food in the trash or keep long in the kitchen. Rather give to animals or birds.
- The bedroom should be planned in a south-west direction to enhance the relationships and try not to keep a broom in the room.
- Any tap or plumbing leakage in a home is not considered good according to Vastu. Repair it as soon as possible. As it drains finances from a house.
- The roof of a house must be clear and clean. And never keep any kind of useless scrap on roof-top, like any kind of junk.
- Placing pyramids in the house is good and effective. It must be placed in the centre of the house, a particular room or even an energetic key point.
- Make sure all clocks in the house are working properly giving accurate time and not halt. Stop watches brings all finances to stand still.
- Sharp corners or sharp things in-house in not consider good in Vastu Shastra. As they act as energy spears and create stress in the nervous system.
- Keeping money plant in north zone attracts money and better job opportunity.
- At the entrance of main door place an Om Sign or Swastik Sign or simply a picture of Ganesha.
- Drainage/Sewerage pipes should be fitted in the north direction of your house.
- The wife should always sleep on the left side of the husband.
- Use soothing colours while you are doing the interiors of your bedroom. Soft furnishings and soothing colours for painting walls can enhance your married life relationships.
- Place natural green plants in the bathroom to remove negativity and bring colour brightness.
- Always light lamps, candles, divas or incense stick at home, every morning and evening this process removes all negativity and any evil eye.
- The kitchen must be in the south-east corner of the house. If not possible then make sure your gas stove is placed in the south-east direction. Or else north-west corner is the second best option.
- According to Vastu, a lemon in a glass of water keeps negative energy away. And this water must be changed every Saturday.
- Keep medicines away from the kitchen.
- Keep holy water (Gangajal) at the corners of the house and change it every week or so.
- Do not paste too many pictures of God or Goddess in a home. Hollow sculpture of any deity is also not good. Moreover, keeping God’s idol which is more than 10 inches is considered inauspicious.
- There should not be any mirrors in the bedroom. If you have, try to cover mirror at night. As according to Vastu, it leads to ill health and increases family internal fights.
- Use wind chimes to kill negative energy and help the positive energy to flow easily.
- Salt is a healer, placing salt bowls in the corners of the house or mainly in toilets helps to absorb all the negative energy.
- And lastly, to maintain the harmony and joy in your home it is important that you perform the Navagraha puja or Ganesh puja at least once in three years. Puja helps to remove any Vastu dosha from the house.
If your house is built with these principles, you will enjoy all the peace and happiness in your life. You can even download or save Vastu-Shastra Chart – giving directions of rooms in a home below: