Top Indian Government Websites
During 1980s and early part of 1990s, Indian government was on creating "Management Information System (MIS)" and "Decision Support System (DSS)" for development , planning and responsive administration in governments which led to the genesis of present day hi tech computerization in government department known as "e-Governance". Just to make your surfing easy, we've sorted top 10 government sites that are great resource in-case you are searching for most popular government sites in India.
- National Informatics Centre - nic.in is the premier web technology organisation of India's Union Government. It has played a pivotal role in steering e-governance applications in the governmental departments at national, state and district levels.
- Indian Railways - indianrail.gov.in - The official site with information on trains, fares and availability.
- Staff Selection Commission - ssc.nic.in - Makes recruitment to non-technical group 'C' and group 'B' non gazetted posts in Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, the C.A.G, and the offices of the Accountant General.
- Ministry of Home Affairs - mha.nic.in Deals with internal security, demographics, promotes the official language.
- Education and Research Network - eis.ernet.in - Providing state-of-the-art communication infrastructure and services to academic and research institutions, government organisations, NGOs, private sector research and development organisations, and various other non-commercial organisations.
- Reserve Bank of India - rbi.org.in - Monetary authority, regulator and supervisor of the financial system, manager of exchange control and issuer of the national currency.
- Ministry of Company Affairs - mca.gov.in - Regulates companies, stocks and shares. Details of protection for investors. Policy and administration details.
- Union Public Service Commission - upsc.gov.in - Recruitment and examination schedules conducted by the organization.
- Income Tax Department - incometaxindia.gov.in - Tax law, rules, and notifications. Tax return and other forms available for download.
- National Portal of India - india.gov.in - Official website with access to information and services being provided by the Indian Government.