Whether you are sitting in home, eating food in restaurant or enjoying drinks in bar, you will come across to this beautiful melody know as Ghazal (which is also remarked as ‘Shayari’ or ‘Nazm’). Listening Ghazals is favorite pastime for almost all music lovers in India. Ghazals is an Arabic word, which is a poetic expression to describe affection, separation, pain or beauty in love. Its trend emerged in Mid 70’s in Bollywood Industry and was sung in Indian Classical Music with all ‘Ragas’ and ‘Talas’. Amir Khusro, Mir Taqi and Mirza Ghalib were few renowned Ghazal writers from India.
Below we have selected 35 most popular and superhit Ghazals of Mehdi Hassan, Jagjit Singh & Ghulam Ali. All Ghazals are of Original Soundtrack and you can enjoy each song just by playing through music player or can even download through the link given below each Ghazal song. The list is in alphabetic order… Simply Enjoy!
1.) Aaina Mujhse Meri
The Ghazal is from superhit Hindi movie ‘Daddy‘ (1989). This touching ‘Nazm‘ is sung by Talat Aziz and was all about self realization for movie sequence (a person who deeply loves her daughter and willing to change his drinking habits). You can listen to this Ghazal below or can even download it.
2.) Aap Ko Dekh Kar Dekhta Reh Gaya
Jagjit Singh is a famous Ghazals singer and also popular for his playback singing in Bollywood movies. It is one of his best Ghazal from private Album ‘Classics Forever’ . There is so much love and reality reflected in this song.
3.) Aaj Jaane Ki Zid Na Karo
This popular Ghazal is sung by Farida Khanum who is basically from Punjab in Pakistani. She is a popular classical singer in Pakistan and even ‘The Times of India’ has title her Malika-e-Ghazal (Queen of Ghazal). This is her very famous and admired ghazal which is written by ‘Fayyaz Hashmi‘.
4.) Ab Ke Hum Bichray
This awesome Ghazal is sung by Mehdi Hassan who is very famous playback & Ghazal singer from Pakistan. He is the greatest and most influential personality in the history of Ghazal singing. This Ghazal was very popular in 70’s & 80’s era.
5.) Apni Dhun Mein Rehta Hoon
Ghulam Ali is another sensational Ghazal singer from Pakistani of the Patiala Gharana. This is his beautiful and famous ghazal from the album – Tukray Tukray. You can listen this Ghazal below or can download it.
This amazing ghazal is a poetry of writer ‘Mohsin Naqvi‘ which was brilliantly composed by Ghulam Ali in his unmatched style. Just listen to this Ghazal below or can download it.
7.) Chithi Na Koi Sandesh
Sung by Jagjit Singh, this very famous Ghazal track ‘Chithi Na Koi Sandesh‘ was from Hindi movie Dushman (1998) which was composed by Uttam Singh & lyrics by Anand Bakshi.
8.) Chupke Chupke
This popular Ghazal was written by poet ‘Hasrat Mohani‘ which was brilliantly sung by Ghulam Ali. The Ghazal got very popular among lovers from both Pakistan and India as it was very different from other poetic pieces of the same period.
9.) Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya
This superhit Ghazal is from the Bollywood movie ‘Sarfarosh‘ Released in year 2000 and is sung by Jagjit Singh. It reflects love, happiness & pain in a relationship.
10.) Hum Tere Shehar Mein
Its another beautiful ghazal from Ghulam Ali Album ‘Tere Shahar Mein‘ and Lyrics by Qaisar ul Jafri. Listen to this Ghazal below or simply download it.
11.) Humko Kiske Gham Ne Mara
This amazing and superhit Ghazal is a poetry of ‘Masroor Anwar’. Which was later composed and sung by Ghulam Ali.
12.) Hothon Se Chhu Lo Tum
Very beautiful & popular Ghazal sung by Jagjit Singh from the movie ‘Prem Geet’ (1981).
13.) Hungama Hai Kyun Barpa
This very popular Ghazal was written by ‘Akbar Allahabadi’ and was composed and beautifully sung by Ghulam Ali.
14.) Ishq main hum tumhain Kya
This Nazm is sung and composed by Attaullah Khan, who is very famous personality from Pakistan. His most of the composition are based on love or lover Betrayal situation. You can listen this Ghazal below or can download it.
15.) Itna Toota Hoon
This very famous track ‘Itna Toota Hun Ki Choone Se‘ is sung by Ghulam Ali from popular album ‘Tere Shahar Mein‘ released on year 1986.
16.) Idhar Zindagi Ka Janaza Utega
Another famous composition from Attaullah Khan.
17.) Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar
This is a very popular and one of the best Ghazal of all time from the movie ‘Arth‘ (1982) sung by Jagjit Singh in his melodious voice. You can listen this Ghazal or can download it from below.
18.) Kal Chaudhvin Ki Raat Thi
One of the popular Ghazal which was originally sung by Jagjit Singh and was written by Ibn-e-Insha. This song was also sung by Kumar Sanu for the movie Jiyala, which was a hit in the 90s.
19.) Kisi Nazar Ko Tera Intezar
A beautiful Nazm from the movie Aitbaar (1985) which was sung by singers Asha Bhosle and Bhupinder Singh in their beautiful voice.
20.) Koi Yeh Kaise Bataye
Another amazing ghazal from movie ‘Arth‘ sung by Jagjit SIngh & lyrics by Kaifi Azmi.
21.) Mai khayal hoon kise aur ka
It is a poetry of ‘Saleem Kausar‘ which was sung & composed by Mehdi Hassan. This ghazal got very popular both in India & pakistan and is one of the best ghazal of Mehdi Hassan.
22.) Main Hosh Mein Tha
one of the best & outstanding Ghazal composition by Mehdi Hassan. Download it from below link or simply listen using media player.
23.) Main Nashe me hoon
This hit ghazal is from Jagjit Singh Album ‘Live With Jagjit Singh‘ released in year 1995.
24.) Mehfil Mein Baar Baar
Superhit Ghazal depicts a man attraction towards women. Download or listen to this melodious Ghazal from Ghulam Ali from below.
25.) Mujh se bichad ke khush rehte ho
Listen to this heart-touching Ghazal from the album ‘Saher‘ sung by Jagjit Singh.
26.) Pyar Ka Pehla Khat Likhne
This beautiful Ghazal is sung again by Jagjit Singh from his superhit Album ‘Parwaaz‘ released in year 1999.
27.) Ranjish hi sahi dil hi
Lovely Ghazal sang by Mehdi Hassan and written by great urdu poet Ahmed Faraz Sahab. Download from below if you like it.
28.) Rafta Rafta Woh Meri
This popular Ghazal is from Pakistani movie ‘zeenat‘ sung by Mehni Hassan and was written by urdu poet ‘Tasleem Fazli‘.
29.) Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hai
This famous concert song is sang by Jagjit Singh from his private Album ‘Unique‘ released in year 2002.
30.) Tere baare mein jab socha nahi
Jagjit Singh another mind-blowing ghazal composition from his private album ‘Saher‘ (2000).
31.) Tu Is Tarah Se Meri Zindagi
This superhit and very popular Ghazal is from the 1980 Hindi movie ‘Aap To Aise Na The‘ sung by Manhar Udhas and music is given by Usha Khanna.
32.) Tu Jo Nahi Hai
This outstanding Ghazal is sung by renowned Pakistani singer S.D. John which was written by famous poet ‘Fayyaz Hashmi’.
33.) Tum Itna Jo Muskura Rahe Ho
It is one of the best Ghazal of Jagjit Singh, which is so popular that it is still played in many singing concerts, theaters, restaurants and even in homes. This was written by popular urdu poet ‘Kaifi Azmi‘.
34.) Tum Ko Dekha Toh Ye Khayal by Jagjit Singh
This sensational Ghazal was sung by Jagjit Singh & Chitra Singh from hit Hindi movie ‘Saath Saath‘ year 1982. It was written by Kuldeep Singh.
35.) Zindagi Mein to Sabhi Pyar
Mehdi Hassan sang this awesome Ghazal for Pakistani Movie ‘Azmat‘ in 1973. Below composition is from his live concert in UK in 1985. Just listen to this superhit Ghazal below.
List of other 90 Popular Ghazals
- Aae kuchh abr kuchh sharab aae – by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
- Aah ko chahiye ek umr asar hote tak – by Mirza Ghalib
- Aahat si koi aae to lagta hai ki tum ho – by Nisar Akhtar
- Aankhon se haya tapke hai andaz to – by Momin Khan Momin
- Aap jin ke qarib hote hain – by Nooh Narvi
- Aap ki yaad aati rahi raat bhar – by Makhdoom Mohiuddin
- Ab to ghabra ke ye kahte hain – by Sheikh Ibrahim Zauq
- Ai jazba-e-dil gar main chahun har – by Behzad Lakhnavi
- Ai mohabbat tere anjam pe rona aaya – by Shakeel Badayuni
- Angdai bhi wo lene na pae u tha ke hath – by Nizam Rampuri
- Asar usko zara nahin hota – by Momin Khan Momin
- Ashaar mere yun to zamane ke liye hain Jaan – by Nisar Akhtar
- Baat karni mujhe mushkil kabhi aisi to – by Bahadur Shah Zafar
- Bas ki dushwar hai har kaam ka aasan hona – by Mirza Ghalib
- Bazicha-e-atfal hai duniya mere aage – by Mirza Ghalib
- Chalne ka hausla nahin rukna muhaal kar – by Parveen Shakir
- Daman mein aansuon ka zakhira na kar abhi – by Saqi Faruqi
- Dekh to dil ki jaan se uthta hai – by Mir Taqi Mir
- Der lagi aane mein tumko – by Andaleeb Shadani
- Dhundoge agar mulkon mulkon – by Shad Azimabadi
- Dil dhadakne ka sabab yaad aaya – by Nasir Kazmi
- Dil hi to hai na sang-o- khisht dard se bhar – by Mirza Ghalib
- Dil mein ek lahr si uthi hai abhi – by Nasir Kazmi
- Dil-e-nadan tujhe hua kya hai – by Mirza Ghalib
- Diwaron se mil kar rona achchha lagta hai – by Qaisar-ul-Jafri
- Donon jahan teri mohabbat mein haar ke – by Faiz Ahmad
- Duniya ke sitam yaad na apni hi wafa yaad – by Jigar Moradabadi
- Dur se aae the saqi sun ke – by Nazeer Akbarabadi
- Garmi-e-hasrat-e-nakaam se jal jate hain – by Qateel Shifai
- Gesu-e-tabdar ko aur bhi tabdar kar – by Allama Iqbal
- Gham-e-ashiqi se kah do rah-e-am tak na – by Shakeel Badayuni
- Ghazab kiya tere wade pe etibar kiya – by Dagh Dehlvi
- Go zara si baat par barson ke yarane gae – by Khatir Ghaznavi
- Gulon mein rang bhare baad-e-nau-bahaar – by Faiz Ahmad
- Hai justuju ki khub se hai khub – by Altaf Hussain Hali
- Har ek baat pe kahte ho tum ki tu kya hai – by Mirza Ghalib
- Hasti apni habab ki si hai – by Mir Taqi Mir
- Hazaron khwahishen aisi ki har khwahish – by Mirza Ghalib
- Hum hain mata-e-kucha-o-bazar ki – by Majrooh Sultanpuri
- Hum hi mein thi na koi baat yaad na – by Hafeez Jalandhari
- Hum ko junun kya sikhlate ho hum the – by Majrooh Sultanpuri
- Jab se tu ne mujhe diwana bana rakkha hai – by Hakeem Nasir
- Jise ishq ka tir kari lage – by Wali Mohammad
- Justuju jis ki thi usko to na paya humne – by Shahryar
- Kab mera nasheman ahl-e-chaman gulshan – by Qamar Jalalvi
- Kab Thahrega dard ai dil kab raat basar hogi – by Faiz Ahmad
- Kabhi ai haqiqat-e-muntazar nazar aa – by Allama Iqbal
- Kabhi kisi ko mukammal jahan nahin milta – by Nida Fazli
- Kaun aaega yahan koi na aaya hoga – by Kaif Bhopali
- Khabar-e-tahayyur-e-ishq sun na junun – by Siraj Aurangabadi
- Khayal-o-khwab hui hain mohabbaten – by Obaidullah Aleem
- Kisi aur gham mein itni khalish-e-nihan – by Mustafa Zaidi
- Koi ummid bar nahin aati – by Mirza Ghalib
- Ku-ba-ku phail gai baat shanasai ki – by Parveen Shakir
- Kuch to hawa bhi sard thi kuch tha tera – by Parveen Shakir
- Lagta nahin hai dil mera ujde – by Bahadur Shah Zafar
- Lai hayat aae qaza le chali chale – by Sheikh Ibrahim Zauq
- Marne ki duaen kyun mangun – by Moin Ahsan Jazbi
- Mere ham nafas mere ham- by Shakeel Badayuni
- Mil hi jaega kabhi dil ko yaqin rahta – by Ahmad Mushtaq
- Mohabbat karne wale kam – by Hafeez Hoshiarpuri
- Na kisi ki aankh ka nur hun – by Muztar Khairabadi
- Nagri nagri phira musafir ghar ka rasta – by Meeraji
- Naya ek rishta paida kyun karen hum – by Jaun Eliya
- Patta patta buta buta haal hamara – by Mir Taqi Mir
- Rahiye ab aisi jagah chal kar jahan koi – by Mirza Ghalib
- Rang pairahan ka khushbu zulf lahrane – by Faiz Ahmad
- Raushan jamal-e-yar se hai anjuman – by Hasrat Mohani
- Sar mein sauda bhi nahin dil mein – by Firaq Gorakhpuri
- Sarakti jae hai ruKH se naqab aahista – by Ameer Minai
- Sham-e-firaq ab na puchh aai aur aa ke – by Faiz Ahmad
- Sine mein jalan aankhon mein tufan – by Shahryar
- Sitaron se aage jahan aur bhi hain – by Allama Iqbal
- Soz-e-gham de ke mujhe usne ye irshad – by Josh Malihabadi
- Suna hai log use aankh bhar ke dekhte – by Ahmad Faraz
- Tang aa chuke hain kashmakash-e-zindagi – by Sahir Ludhianvi
- Tere aane ka dhoka sa raha hai – by Nasir Kazmi
- Tere ishq ki intiha chahta hun – by Allama Iqbal
- Tum aae ho na shab-e-intizar guzri hai – by Faiz Ahmad
- Tumhaare khat mein naya ek salam – by Dagh Dehlvi
- Ulti ho gain sab tadbiren kuchh na dawa – by Mir Taqi Mir
- Uzr aane mein bhi hai aur bulate bhi – by Dagh Dehlvi
- Waqt-e-piri shabab ki baaten – by Sheikh Ibrahim Zauq
- Wo jo hum mein tum mein qarar tha – by Momin Khan Momin
- Wo to khush-bu hai hawaon mein bikhar – by Parveen Shakir
- Yaro mujhe muaf rakho main nashe mein hun – by Mir Taqi Mir
- Ye aarzu thi tujhe gul ke rubaru – by Haidar Ali Aatish
- Ye kya jagah hai dosto ye kaun sa dayar – by Shahryar
- Ye na thi hamari qismat ki visal-e-yar hota – by Mirza Ghalib
- Ze-haal-e-miskin makun taghaful durae – by Amir Khusro
Please Note: If incase download fails, please Install latest Version of Google Chrome Web Browser.