Several people around the world search websites without just knowing the exact domain name of a website. And it happens many times with us also. We just type words and expect to see the best result while searching on Google. Many times we want to explore that which site rank number one with maximum number of keywords match. And did you know that these set of keywords is also a big reason behind the success of some of new websites and blogs. Well, its a extended story of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and we will not go much into details.
Let us just see below which are the most common keywords searched in India.
- Railway Booking – is used for Online Passenger Reservation for booking facility of Railway tickets online. With first rank, IRCTC offers services like booking train tickets or checking reservation status, etc. It’s a mix of keywords like Railway Reservation/ Booking/ Tickets/ Online, etc.
- Cricket – is one of the pious sport in our nation. People search over internet for cricket live score or to see live coverage of the match. Cricinfo is the very popular website to see the live score and rank no.1 with keywords related to cricket in Google search results. Other Keywords related are Cricket Score/ Live Score/ Match/info, etc.
- Bollywood Songs – is the third most searched keyword and is also used with terms such as download Bollywood songs or download Hindi songs to listen to the Indian music/songs in computer, laptop or in any other gadgets.
- Online Shopping – few are the people in metros who don’t shop online. It’s a leading revolution in India, and for that reason these days we choose to shop online rather than visiting our nearest retail shop.
- PNR Status – is a status to see the current formation of booking related to Railway tickets. indianrail.gov.in provides dynamic information like current PNR grade of the passengers, accessibility of berths in all classes and static inquiries like Train Between Important Stations, Reservations Rules, Fares, Refund, and Rules etc.
- Internet banking – in recent times online Internet Banking is very common for many Indian. Internet banking facility offers the convenience of extended hours banking to its customers with the comfort of sitting in home or office.
- Aadhaar Card – people are searching for functions related to aadhar card e.g., its purpose, to check its status or to download it from UIDAI website (Unique Identification Authority of India). It is used for imperative Identity and Address proof anywhere in India.
- Samsung Galaxy – whether its Galaxy S7, S8 or Note8, Note9 model, Samsung is at no sixth position when it comes to the maximum number of searches in Google with its popular mobile product hunt.
- IBPS – Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an HR recruitment body providing integrated end to end solutions for placement of young graduates in public sector banks in India. In Just one year IBPS was successful in screening over 10 Million Candidates for testing and filled approx. 80,236 vacancies for its client organizations.
- Narendra Modi – is a popular Political Party (BJP) leader and prime minister of India. He is one of the most famous politicians on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter with the maximum number of 45,539,509 likes on facebook.
As you can see above keywords are actually a mix many different combinations of words e.g. Internet Banking can be used as ICICI internet banking or HDFC Internet banking. These keywords are not related to google trend searches conducted every year. Infact, these keywords are topmost searched topics of least last 5 years and constantly searched every year with the same curiosity.